Thursday, October 30, 2008

Free Time!

I had almost 4 hours of reading time today. I'm up to page 115 in The Other Boleyn Girl. I'm so proud of myself for reading again. It's a great way to pass the time in between teaching classes. I'm also really enjoying the story. Some of the terminology is very interesting...piss pot, "courses," lady in waiting... I wonder how historically accurate this story is and if the author researched the whole time period before writing it. I read the fictional account of Marilyn Monroe's life in Blonde by Joyce Carol Oates and I know Ms. Oates did some fascinating research on Monroe before writing that novel.

I'm glad it'll be Friday tomorrow. PAY DAY. And Halloween. Halloween just won't be the same without lots of candy. I prefer buying my candy after Halloween when it all goes on sale. Oh, yeah, sure, candy is on sale now...but I mean REALLY on sale!! 80% off!! 90% off!!

No comments: