Sunday, November 9, 2008

Oh, Canada!

My husband, mother-in-law, and I are heading out to Vancouver, Canada this holiday season. I'm pretty ill equipped for Canadian weather and it sort of bothers me that I need to buy all sorts of special clothes for this 2 week excursion. So, I'm trying to buy things that I can still use at home, where it's at least 30 degrees warmer and lacks daily snow showers. Fleece is always good - I've added fleece gloves, headband/earwarmer, jacket, and vests to my Amazon wishlist. I like Amazon because I can get a decent discount on my purchases. You see, I absolutely despise change - pennies, nickels, dimes, quarters - they're just dead weight in my wallet. So, I put them in a jar and once a year, I go over to the local Coinstar machine, dump it all in, and get an Amazon gift certificate. It's one of the options for the Coinstar payout and they don't take any fees for it. So, all that dead weight becomes usable money.

I bought some tall boots. They're supposed to be super warm and the bottoms look nice enough that I think I might get away with wearing them at school (I'm a teacher) under my dress pants.

I can't wait until they come. I can't wait until Canada!

No comments: